European Agenda Adult Learning (EAAL)
Donegal ETB Promotional activity event The European Commission is currently working with 32 countries to implement the European Agenda for Adult Learning. This highlights the need to increase participation in adult learning. In order to do this the Commission coordinates a network of National Coordinators whose role it is to promote adult learning, provide support and gather and disseminate examples of best practice.
AONTAS have assumed the role of National Coordinator taking over from the Department of Education and Skills who coordinated the first project (2012- 2014) and involved a partnership between ETBI, AONTAS and NALA. AONTAS was then responsible for the coordination of the second phase of the project which ran until November 2015. In late 2015 AONTAS was successful in their application for a further two year project (2015–2017) ‘Learning Today for a Better Tomorrow’ which will continue to build on the work of the project.
To access a copy of the 'Learning Today for a Better Tomorrow' promotional flyer click here.
To view a copy of our promotional video click here.
For more information on other activities see links below.
- Learning Today for a Better Tomorrow Overview
- 'Taking the Next Steps' - European Agenda for Adult Learning Report
- European Agenda for Adult Learning update April 2015
- ETB promotional work report June 2015
- New developments to ‘One Step Up’ to make it even easier for adults to find their Education and Training Option
- Community Education Learners' workshop by Donegal ETB February 2015
- Kildare Wicklow ETB promotional leaflet for their Digital Photography and Art Exhibtion event
- Information Referral Service November 2015
As part of the activities of our previous EAAL project NALA conducted an investigation into PIAAC research (Programme for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies) on three themes; Everyday Skills,Social Wellbeing and Workplace Skills. For more information on these three themes see the bulletins below: