17 Feb 2019
European Agenda for Adult Learning (EAAL)
Increasing Pathways, Increasing Participation(2017 - 2019) is the current project under the European Agenda for Adult Learning in Ireland. AONTAS is the National Coordinator for the EAAL in Ireland, working directly the European Commission and a network of National Coordinators across Europe. This project uses a policy framework to recognise the and address the needs of the adult learning sector in Ireland. The policy connected to the EAAL is the Upskilling Pathways Recommendation.
The objectives of the current project include:
- Supporting national dialogue and target group specific qualitative research to inform policy
- Enabling the public to find adult learning guidance and information services through the One Step Up Information and Referral Service (online and Freephone helpline)
- Enabling employees (active) to upskill via targeted engagement with employers
- Building the capacity of learners as mobilisers for increasing participation in adult learning
- Supporting CPD in online learning processes for adult educators working with the most educationally disadvantaged
- Building and developing the oversight mechanism, project advisory group, as a resource for the project and the Upskilling Pathway policy development
- Communicating broadly and effectively the outcomes of the project, locally, nationally and internationally
For more information on our current project, please see our project leaflet here.