AONTAS will hold this event, previously planned to take in place in Longford Women's Link, online on Monday, 12th October. The event will highlight the value of community education from the practitioner and learner perspective. We will showcase the diversity of community education and how it effectively responds to local needs. This event will call for specific funding for community education and will launch our community education census. Click the "Register for this event" button below to join us online.
Aims and Objectives:
- To demonstrate the value and impact of community education as an inclusive model of adult learning
- To demonstrate the diversity of community education provision and how it responds to local needs
- To highlight the need for autonomy of funding
- To highlight the need for COVID-19 funding support for non-statutory community education (Read the "Proposal for a COVID-19 Community Education Support Fund")
- To demonstrate the work of AONTAS and the Community Education Network (CEN)
- Policy makers and funders
- AONTAS members
- AONTAS Community Education Network (CEN) members
- Community education providers in Northern Ireland
- Adult learners
- Adult education tutors and practitioners
Details of the event are as follows:
- Date: Monday, 12th October 2020
- Time: 11.00am - 1.00pm
- Venue: Event held online
Registration essential. Click the button below to register.
Please see below a full agenda.