AONTAS Submission to the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science's Statement of Strategy 2021 - 2023
23 Dec 2020
AONTAS welcomed the opportunity to make a submission to the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science’ s Statement of Strategy 2021 – 2023 consultation. The Statement of Strategy will set out how the department does its work over the next three years, and what our guiding principles are.
AONTAS Summary Recommendations for the DFHERIS
Our submission was based on extensive member and learner engagement over 2020.
We believe with the establishment of the new Department, there is a timely opportunity to address educational inequality for adults.
Statement of Strategy 2021-2023
- Create a new structure with a tertiary-wide approach for educational equality in the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
- Ensure that qualitative learner-informed data plays a central role in the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research and Innovation and Science’s evidence-based approach to policy development.
- Ensure that the focus on skills in policy and policy implementation includes a broader definition of skills, learner-informed skills, and locally based skill needs.
- Ensure equality of investment in tertiary education.
- Ensure the new Statement of Strategy 2021-2023 plays a strong role in implementing the Programme for Government.
To download our submission, please click here.